September 10, 2013
So this weekend I had the time to work on the coupe for once…
I had been having overheating issues for a while and I never could find out what it was untill I finally found out that the heater core hoses were very brittle and one had a small hole that leaked coolant ever so slightly. I got new heater core hoses so hopefully that fixes that. I also decided that while I was at it I’d relocate the oil filter for the hell of it so I bought a Skullworks oil block.
I also got a earls oil filter relocation block and corresponding XRP -AN fittings and lines to rout the new setup.
Finishing off the maintenance of the KA was refitting the entire intake side with all new gaskets. The intake to head gasket was replaced as was the intake runners gasket, EGR gasket and the throttle body gasket. Everything on the cold side of the engine should be good for many years to come.
So that’s what ive been up to and hopefully the coupe will be running by this next weekend. I’ll be sure to post up a follow-up on how everything turns out. Stay tuned.
January 10, 2013
As 2013 starts us off into a new year that we know not much about I am prepared to face it head on. As for the cars in my life… well they have taken the time off. As many of you know by now, trying to get my car, “driftable,” is EXPENSIVE! So I’m just working and trying to keep my funds up at the moment so that I can finish the year off strong and hopefully get my car back up and running. For all of you who follow me thanks for hanging on, I’ll do my best to bring more updates throughout the year.
Here is my current daily beater that I built last summer. Nothing too crazy but I just needed something to get me around since the hatch went under a full rebuild. I contemplated selling it but looks like its going to stay in the family. It’s been such a short time and I’ve already grown attached to it.
October 2, 2012
As I’m getting ready to prep the engine bay for fabrication and setting it up for an SR swap I keep updating small things here and there. Recently I have decided to update my entire power steering system to AN fittings. I can go more in-depth with it later on this week as to which parts I ordered and from what suppliers so that you can also update your 20+ year old power steering system.
September 16, 2012
Last weekend I decided to start moving things around the garage to give me room so that I could start working on my car once more. I was starting to lack inspiration and in no way is that beneficial to this build or my self-esteem. It’s really sad seeing my car at this stage, or any car for that matter. I’m pretty sure most of you can agree. Nobody wants to see their beloved car in pieces with no engine, a cut up front end, & lifted on stands. It’s all going to be worth it someday, I know it…
So, I finally received my Panasport G7 wheels from Japan a couple of weeks ago. The rears are perfect for stockbody, 18×10.5 +22, while the front wheels, 17×8.5+40, need a bit more attention. They are going to be rebarreled and reliped soon. Regardless, the mock-up of the Sexy Style kit accompanied by the Panasport G7 wheels makes for a timeless combination.
Up next on the list is to finish the wheel build so that I can mount some tires on them and be able to roll the shell out so that I can fix the front end on my daily. It was in a accident a while back. No major damage occured but the radiator support got smashed in and it needs to be replaced. I already have a clean replacement to install from my hatch.
Stay tuned good things are soon to come.
September 5, 2012
So just to keep this blog updated with some content I’ll add a quick update. I recently picked up a coupe shell this past summer and I threw it all together with all my DOHC KA parts from my hatch. It runs great and it’s been serving me well as a daily to and from school. As for the hatch… It’s still in hibernation mode. Oh well, I hope someday I get off my lazy ass and get it back up and running. For now here is a pic of the coupe when I first picked it up.
July 9, 2012
I’m in the process of creating a team/fabricating garage name and logo. So far this is where I’m at. Nothing final yet but let me know what you think. Any input is greatly appreciated.
February 14, 2012
And the teardown begins. This should be fun…
February 13, 2012
So, the hatch has been getting some attention lately and it will be receiving alot more within the next upcoming weeks. First off, I recently moved houses and my job’s shift has been changed to 5am-1pm so that explains the lack of updates, I’m usually too tired to do anything after work but that will change. Good thing is that our new house for the time being has a garage, a nice one at that which I have been cleaning and preparing for the hatch. Sadly though, I have placed the hatch on non-op with the DMV and swaped over the insurance to my dad’s car which im curently daily driving, his 1989 Integra. I hope to get the hatch up and running by the time summer is here but I won’t say for sure. The most recent mod I have done has been a URAS hood vent which I picked up from a fellow zilvia member. I had a hard time tracking down URAS molds which were sold about 1-2 years back. Good thing I stumbled across a prestine one when I needed it.
I was a bit hesitant about cutting out a huge chunk of my hood but all it took was the first cut/gash into the paint and it was good from there on out.
The final product greatly made the cars aesthetics improve drastically. Aftermarket hoods or vents in this case, give any car a more eye pleasing look which I like very much.
Now all that is left is to get some DSM paint and give it a color matching coat.