KA Maintenance

So this weekend I had the time to work on the coupe for once…

I had been having overheating issues for a while and I never could find out what it was untill I finally found out that the heater core hoses were very brittle and one had a small hole that leaked coolant ever so slightly. I got new heater core hoses so hopefully that fixes that. I also decided that while I was at it I’d relocate the oil filter for the hell of it so I bought a Skullworks oil block.

I also got a earls oil filter relocation block and corresponding XRP -AN fittings and lines to rout the new setup.

Finishing off the maintenance of the KA was refitting the entire intake side with all new gaskets. The intake to head gasket was replaced as was the intake runners gasket, EGR gasket and the throttle body gasket. Everything on the cold side of the engine should be good for many years to come.

So that’s what ive been up to and hopefully the coupe will be running by this next weekend. I’ll be sure to post up a follow-up on how everything turns out. Stay tuned.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s